Sunday, March 2, 2014

{Paranormal Romance Minute Review} The Thing About Weres (Mystwalker #2) by Leigh Evans

{Paranormal Romance Minute Review} The Thing About Weres (Mystwalker #2) by Leigh Evans

The Thing About Weres (Mystwalker, #2)
Love is like a wild animal. It can't be tamed…

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

In the never-ending saga that is my love-hate relationship with Robson Trowbridge, I, half-Were Hedi Peacock, have had a change of heart. Ever since I shoved Trowbridge through the Gates of Merenwyn, I’ve been the leader of the pack—hard to believe, right? The thing is: I’m half-Fae. So even though my Were side is ready to heed the call of the wild, the other part of me is desperate to take flight. And much as it pains me to admit it, life without Trowbridge is really starting to were me down…

I Am Were, Hear Me Roar.

To make matters worse, the wolves of Creemore want my blood—and the North American Council of Weres wants me dead. So I’m just counting the days until Trowbridge returns from the other realm…and comes to my brave rescue…and becomes my alpha mate. Wishful thinking? Of course it is. But given all the mess I’ve been through already, what’s the harm in doing a little bit of daisy-plucking? Besides, Trowbridge owes me bigtime. A girl can dream.(Blub via Goodreads)
{Details} Mass Market Paperback, 422 pages. Published July 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks. Source: library
{Rating} 3/5 -- I liked it!
{Review}
"I don't know why Weres think the moon's so beautiful." (page 1, line 1)
Hedi still can't catch a break. I don't think Evans missed an opportunity to kick Hedi while she's down. There are complications in her relationship with Bridge, things are going bad, in the fae realm and back in Creemore, and then there are painful choices to make.

I was thrilled to see Hedi experiencing sweet and tender moments with Bridge, finally getting to say the things they hadn't yet said.
"I love you more than the sum of all the people I've ever loved in my life." (page 317)
I still adore both Bridge and Hedi. We get to see alpha Bridge and Hedi gets in all sorts of trouble.
"It's a gift," said Cordelia wearily. "She's the only person I know who can tip our world toward disaster with one trip to the loo." (page 383)
I'm still enjoying the Mystwalker series, it's so unique, and Evan's writing style is fabulous. I can't wait to read book three, The Problem with Promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment