Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

 



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read(s)
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) -- or more -- “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

My teasers:

He shook his head. "I don't understand why you're fighting this."
"Because fighting is the only thing I have left," I snapped. Whatever pain he inflicted on me would still be less than what I'd feel the second I gave in.

"You're doing that nice and sweet thing again."
"My apologies, I will try to work more derogatory statements and sarcasm into our conversations."

"If you intend to stay here and play human here's lesson number one: No one can make a woman hurry up and get dressed. No one. Not God, not the president, and certainly not you. I need ten minutes, but I will try to hurry." I took a deep, calming breath that had the added bonus of focusing Ethan's attention below my neck. "And here's rule number two, just so you know: no matter how much time is involved in the preparation, always tell a woman she looks nice when she's through. Always. Or next time, she'll take longer."

No comments:

Post a Comment