Monday, June 23, 2014

{YA Minute Review} Dualed (Dualed #1) by Elsie Chapman

Dualed (Dualed, #1)
In the city of Kersh, everyone must eliminate their genetic Alternate twin, raised by another family, before their twentieth birthday. West Grayer, 15, has trained as a fighter, and has one month to hunt and kill her Alt. A tragic misstep shakes her confidence. Guilty, grieving, she feels unworthy, runs from her Alt and from love - both can destroy her. {Blurb via Goodreads}
{Details} Hardcover, 292 pages. Published February 26th 2013 by Random House. Source: library

{Rating} 3/5 - I liked it!

{Review}
"I've buried nearly everyone I love. (page 1, line 1)
Dualed is exciting, original and emotional. Elsie Chapman has created a really interesting world - to survive you have to kill the person who looks exactly like you, who shares your DNA but is your mortal enemy. It made me think about what I'd do if I lived in Kersh. If I was West, a girl who has lost everyone, who is filled with guilt and doubt, what would I do? Would I be the one who survived?

This book was very focused on West's assignment, kill or be killed, I wish there had been more about the Board, more... just more everything. Still, I'm excited to see what happens next in Divided.

No comments:

Post a Comment