Tuesday, May 20, 2014

{YA Review} Deception (The Transformed #1) by Stacy Claflin

{YA Review} Deception (The Transformed #1) by Stacy Claflin

Deception (The Transformed, #1)
What if your whole life was a lie?

Alexis Ferguson thinks she has everything figured out, but has no idea how wrong she is. Set up on a blind date, she meets a gorgeous stranger and feels that she’s known him her entire life, but she has never seen him before.

He awakens in her long-forgotten dark memories. Alexis needs to face the one who ordered her death years ago – and still wants her dead. Will she meet the challenge and accept her growing powers? Or will she try to run away from them? No matter her decision, she will end up fighting for her life and for those she loves. (Blurb via Goodreads)
{Details} ebook, 365 pages. Published November 29th 2012 by Stacy Claflin (first published November 21st 2012) 
{Rating} 3/5 -- I liked it!
{Review}
"I suppressed my growing rage." (page 1, line 1)
Interesting storyline - Claflin's take on vampires, the rules of the world - I was intrigued. I liked that the story kept me guessing, once I thought I knew what was going on, how things worked, Clafin would throw a curve ball, changing the rules.

Alexis deals with family troubles, trouble with boys, with friends, with being presented with a new reality and corresponding high expectations. She's not perfect, she makes mistakes, but she does the best she can. While I liked the romantic interests - beware, love triangle ahead - I did wish Cliff was a stronger character and more of an alpha male.

Claflin leaves us in an exciting place, wrapping up some things while presenting us with a whole new host of challenges for Alexis to face in the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment